Friday, May 7, 2010

Worry

This post was written before Oliver was diagnosed with EoE, when we thought he had Celiac. I have kept it here because overall it still applies.

A few weeks ago, someone asked me how old my children were. I told them that my middle son was almost three and then he remarked that Oliver appeared to be about eight months old. I told the man that he was actually nine months old, though he was really a week shy of eleven months. I lied again about his age a week later. It was then that I realized my little boy was really little. Too little,perhaps. I would lie because I didn't want to hear any comments about his size, and I was doing it without really even realizing it.

He still weighs what he did nearly six months ago. I feel like there should be something that I should do, but I don't know what it is. Part of me thinks that I shouldn't have him on a gluten free diet so we can get an accurate diagnosis, but I also realize that keeping him on gluten could have just caused him to loose more weight. Though he isn't gaiining, at least he isn't loosing any more.

He goes to the GI in two weeks and until then I will just worry that I'm not doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment