Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This post was written before Oliver's EoE diagnosis, when we thought that he had Celiac.

We had our appointment with the pediatric gastroenterologist and now the little guy has a endoscopy scheduled for next week. I can't say that I'm nervous about the procedure - I've read so much about it that it just seems normal and okay. Part of me hopes that it comes back positive just so we can know and move on. The other part of me does not want that to be the case because I do not want to have to get the other kids tested. Drawing blood on the little one is one thing, but the older kids will be able to verbalize their pain. I'll have to tell them what's going to happen and they'll be scared.

Oliver has several other allergies to contend with, so that makes figuring out what's exactly going on with him just that much more difficult. Yes, removing wheat from my diet and his seemed to be the key to getting him to gain weight, but he also has a wheat allergy, so wheat is trouble no matter how you look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment