Monday, March 22, 2010

Questions

This post was written before Oliver was diagnosed with EoE, when we thought he had Celiac. I have kept it here because overall, it still applies.

I'm counting down the days until Oliver's first birthday, but for all the wrong reasons. That is the day that we have an appointment with a pediatric gastroenterologist (happy birthday to him, huh?). It's eight and a half weeks away. Too long. I have so many questions and I'm sure I have many more that I don't even know I have. The biggest question right now is why he doesn't seem to need a biopsy. Were the blood test results so high that there's no question he really has Celiac? Can he just not afford to still have gluten in his diet and waiting that long would just be too long for him to handle?

Of course there is a lot of information on the internet, but it's so hard to know what to really trust. I can find very little about infants with Celiac. Not a whole lot of "from the trenches" information from parents of Celiac kids. Nothing from anyone in a similar situation as ours. This seems so strange since this is apparently a pretty common disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment