Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's for dinner?

I've been thinking about this for an hour and a half but I just can't decide. Alison does a very good job of having dinner ready for me every night when I get home from work. On the weekends I lend a hand but this has gotten much harder lately.

For dinner, we try to eat a meal which Oliver can eat, or at least prepare a meal where he can eat something that looks similar. For example: we can all enjoy a stovetop meat loaf with potatoes and green beans as long as the meat loaf is prepared without wheat, milk, eggs, soy, nuts, peanuts, black beans, or chicken. Another night we may eat pizza preparing a small wheat free pizza crust for Oliver and topping it with Dayia Cheese substitute, this requires a little extra effort but is not insurmountable.

For baking Alison relies upon the Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook. I was going to make some rolls to use as hamburger buns for tonight's dinner but I don't think we have any rice milk powder. Until we have all the staples, baking from this book requires some major planning ahead. . . . I don't think they have rice milk powder at out local Smith's here in the Barrio, we usually have to drive across town to Whole Foods or Vitamin Cottage for this stuff.

I simply haven't been properly introduced to the ins and outs of the EoE kitchen, so for tonight's dinner it looks like I may just make some hash-browns unless Alison has some great idea. She probably does, she's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment